May 16, 2009

taking the easy way out.

I think I can surely say that majority of people takes the easiest way out of something. It can be from a simple household chores-- mopping the floor without brooming it so it will be faster, doing math homework-- using expensive and "state-of-the-art" caluculators to solve math problems, text message break up-- don't want to face your boyfriend/girlfriend, looking for love-- now that we have world wide web it's much easier to look for love, TO getting out of troubles-- there will always an easier way.

Sure there is always an easy way out, but what do we learn from it? Do WE learn anything from it? Of course. But not as much we learn from taking the road that is far less traveled. All of what I have said earlier, there are CONS right? Mopping, after you mop without brooming when it dries the dust will be there. Relying so much to a calculator doing your homework, in the day of the test would you know what will you have to do? Text messege break up, was there a real and clean closure? Looking for love using internet websites, isn't more comfortable and secure meeting someone personally than talking to a box[computer]?

The other day, I took the elevator to my class because I didn't want to use the stairs up to third floor. "No way in hell" I said. I was the only one in the elevator. Since I was busy texting, I didn't realize that the elevator hasn't moved. After 3-4 minutes, that's when I realized that I might be stuck. HOW EMBARRASSING! I didn't know what to do. I wasn't sure if I should call for help or anything. Thinking too much, I didn't have enought time to crawl in ball of mass hysteria. But after good death-defying three minutes.........

I realized SOMETHING. I didn't pushed the button to third floor. That sight gaved me a relief and I felt how stupid I can be. REALLY STUPID. I took the easy way out. Thank goodness I wasn't really stuck. But what if I did for real? Did taking the easy way out helped? Certainly not.