June 28, 2009

Paper Plane.

It was a very foggy day.
It looked like a scene from a movie. Low clouds drapped all over the dock making it magical and mysterious.

Some sunshine get passed through the thick fog and hit tiny shiny droplets of morning dew.
In the dock, you can barely see what's the vast ocean doing, but you know it's stoic because you can hear the water gently splashing to shore beneath the dock.
It was silent and deserted except from the seagulls and occasional sand pipers.
You can smell the fishy smell of the ocean comingled with the scent from the rain the night before whenever wind would blew from nowhere.
All you can hear was the fog horn, seagulls, and the splashing of the water.


As I walked around the shore, I saw a child, alone, lonely, and sitting by himself in the corner edge of the dock facing the ocean, foot dangling off the dock.
I looked up to see a more coherant of the child's appearance. Next to him was a giant damped paper plane-- or at least I assumed it was, and a white inflated balloon with dark smudges was tied to his scrawny wrist that was dancing with the wind.

He was wearing nice clothes, the kind that parents would make their childrens wear during special event. It must've been a really nice clothes except his white long sleeve that was maybe made from pure silk was all torn up, ragged, and dirty, he's missing one shoe and the socks didn't matched, and his pants was torn up as well. "I wonder what is he doing?" I stared at him more.
Somehow I felt connected and I felt sorry for him. I don't know why. As I scrutinze him more, I noticed that his hair wasn't fixed and tangled up, the kind of hair you get when you just got up from bed. In his other hand, he was holding a white cape embroided with silver linings.

As I stare at him in complete silence, he stood up and hugged his cape, as if he was saying goodbye to it. He untied the balloon from his wrist and let go of it, the balloon went up dancing until seen no more.
He was crying in silence now, he wiped his face with his hand smearing more grime and gunk onte his face. Til this time, I still haven't got a view of his face.
He wore his dirty cape, stood tall, chin up, like a realy royalty.

He walked backwards and after ten steps, he started running towards the edge of the dock.
As he reached the edge of the dock, he jumped as high as he can as if he's going to fly. It was mystical because he was glimmering as the sunshine hits his face....
then he fell down.
I looked at the ocean, looking and hoping he's okay. But I did not see any movement in the ocean.
It was the last time I saw of him.
I went to the place where I saw him sitting, there, I saw his damped paper plane.
I unfolded the paper trying not to rip it.
Inside, there was a writing....

"Someday, I will be SOMEBODY to SOMEONE.
This paper plane will be the witness of that."