February 14, 2009

D.C. tales.

"It's good to be home.",I thought as the plane landed last night at the SEA-TAC INTL Airport.
The plane ride was hella long and hot.
Everyone was complaining how hot it was and how they are dehydrated.


______________From the beggining______________

We left Lacey- WA, Feb 8, 2008 Sunday at almost 5:am in the morning. Everyone was on their "i'm-flying-to-washington-dc" attire. It was a chilly and foggy day. I was the first one on the office, next was Jesse, Meghan, Kaitlyn...and the super last but NOT THE LEAST, Caitee.When we got to the airport, Danielle was already there.We just chatted a little bit and checked in our bags. After we checked in our bags, we waited 20mins or so for Danielle's boyfriend to bring her jacket. We we're running late already.At the security check point, the line was effing long and slow. Plane leaves in 30mins.After the checkpoint, everyone ran to the gate. AS IN RUNNING. We looked hella DRIDDY running. It was funny, tiring, and funny. Everyone was dehydrated when we got to the plane.It will be a 4hour plane ride to New York City.As I anticipated for our arrival at NYC, I just pretty much napped and read the whole flight.In a distance, I saw a gigantic small city, and the famous "Green-Lady". I got excited and all.It was cool seeing the NYC and the Green-Lady from the plane. I wish I took a pic. Oh well.When get got at the Newark Airport, we only have like 10mins to buy things and catch the next plane to DC. The plane ride to DC was short, only 45mins so it wasn't that bad, but the plane was small.It was already 7:00PM when we got there. 7PM in East coast-3PM in West coast. 3hours different. Maybe around 8:00PM ish we got to the National Harbor, where we stayed.We just put our bags in our room and went out to dinner. <----I got my own room. For dinner, we went to local sandwich joint, the Potbelly. It was a nice lil sandwich store with a nice ambiance, view, and friendly people! The line was kind of long though since they didn't know there will be a Convention at the Gaylord Hotel. The dinner was short and fast because we we're all tired......


_______________CADCA Days_______________

To make it short. We always wake up everyday and go to the workshops for NYLI [National Youth Leader Initiatives]. The workshops was always fun. The speakers was always so full of energy and the leaders are fun to be with! Food was always fancy. I always hated "fancy" meal because you have to know which fork and spoon to use. It's crazy but I love it too because it's fancy. We went to dinner at the new opened restaurant that had a bull riding, I wanted to ride, but I was too embarassed, my friends did anyway. Tuesday was Capitol Hill day and everyone went to the City and had a rally, I think? All the Washington States people went to talk to the Represntatives and Senates all day. So we missed the rehearsal for the Award thing. It was a lot of walk, it was fun, it was tiring. Wednesday, we had a YOUTH DANCE. I got people digits. I'm not a playah. It's like a meet-n-greet but in a YOUTH's way. I dances till i sweat like shit. Pictures will be up soon. Thursday was the last day and sad day because all the friends I made went back to their places. Friday was a lot of WALK. I had a blisters sized of my toe! I can barely walk. I took alot of pictures too, which I honestly think that should be in magazine because it's perfect!

_______________The End_____________

We ended our trip to DC by visitng monuments and Smithsonian. It was a lot of walk. That morning of our departure, I opened my laptop and I saw the news about the plane crashed of Continental Airline, same airline we're going to ride home. And it was Friday the 13th. So got nevervous. I tried not to bring up the subject when we ate. But it was all over the news, so it was whatever. We left with maybe some nervousness. Our flight isn't `til 3:45PM and it's only 9Am. We rode the bus to metro station and we'll just ride the subway to the hotel we'll leave our bags. OVER ALL. IT WAS A LOT OF WALK AND VERY TIRING.

___________________________
Happy Valentines people. :]
I hope you guys have a good one.
Blog Stories will be up as soon as I catch up on my school works.